On Friday, 5 January 2024 06:00:12 -03 Elias Steurer via Development wrote:
> but let's go back to the discussion about why we need perl in the first
> place and why wikis are bad 😁

Because we need a more powerful scripting language than shell or batch files
for many things. Many of the scripts in question were started by me and I use
Perl. I will not write in another language. Some others are so old that they
predate Python's very existence.

If someone wants to take over and write in CMake or in C++, be my guest.
That's what Alexey did for the syncqt.pl script that predated even me. As far
as I know, that removed the dependency on Perl to compile Qt or to contribute.
What's left that you're seeing?