On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:55:26PM -0500, Ralph Dorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> A client has an office in San Francisco and an office in Houston. The
> Windows NT Domain and Exchange Server is in Houston. I have the PPTP
> protocol installed and running in Houston. I have 5 Windows 98 PCs in San
> Francisco that I want to hook up with e-smith and connect to the Windows
> Network there to the NT Domain in Houston. Is there a How-To that we can
> refer to to set this up or is it simply enabled at the e-smith server and
> Windows 98 clients connect separately through their individual VPN settings
> and dialup networking.
> [...]

The latter - each PC will have its own VPN connection to Houston.

But, Houston we have a problem :-) The Win98 PCs cannot be "behind" an unmodified
e-smith
4.1.1 server as the PPTP masquerade module is not loaded (because the
one shipped with RedHat 7 didn't work).

There is an updated ip_masq_vpn module in ftp.e-smith.com/pub/e-smith/contrib/charlieb
which will appear in later releases. You will need to add a line to load the module
- search the bulletin boards for a posting I made on how to do this.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)