Didn't see this until now (been away and very busy.) I've seen a number of
not only switches but also hubs that will "lock up" if other parts of the
network lose power. Or sometimes even if not! You'll see a link light and
all, but no activity or only TX activity.

Whenever I've had a working network and suddenly something stops as you
describe, and there is no evidence of a software change, I always try power
cycling all of the network hardware. 99+% of the time it solves the problem.

FWIW

J. Scott Smith
The Reynolds and Reynolds Company
800 Germantown St - Dayton, Ohio 45407