"Smith, Jeffery S (Scott)" wrote:

> Whenever I've had a working network and suddenly something stops as you
> describe, and there is no evidence of a software change, I always try power
> cycling all of the network hardware. 99+% of the time it solves the problem.

        I'll have to keep this in mind.  The funny thing is that the switch,
along with everything else, already _was_ power cycled, in each of the
(brief) power outages.  Of course, when I worked in tech support and we
needed a customer to power cycle a machine, we'd say to leave it off for
about 30 sec. before turning it back on...

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy