Womack, Eric wrote:
> After installing the Packet-Filter update (which helped
> immensely) it seems
> that I can no longer accept VPN connections.  What could be
> the connection
> be and what could I do to check/fix it?

Eric, don't know if this helps but I have also installed
e-smith-packetfilter-1.2.0-05.noarch.rpm and 'can' accept
VPN connections.

Try:

/sbin/e-smith/signal-event remoteaccess-update

and if this doesn't work have a look at your:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/masq

for lines like these below numbered from ppp0 to the number
of 'Number of PPTP clients' you set via e-smith manager:

/sbin/ipchains --append input  -i ppp0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains --append output -i ppp0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains --append input  -i ppp1 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains --append output -i ppp1 -j ACCEPT

Darrell