Hiyall

I am using E-smith 4.0 in dedicated server/gateway mode, but as I can't get
a fixed IP off my ISP, I am using multi-drop mail delivery.

Back when I had V3.1, I always had a problem with mailing lists, basically
the mail server couldn't make out where to send a message with a hidden
recipient list, so I got em. I never did anything about it, because they
shouldn't be subscribing to joke of the day anyway ;-)

I still have that problem, but when I upgraded to 4.0, a new problem started
appearing. Say a message comes in with a load of different addresses in the
To box. The mail program will (seemingly at random) pick a few other
recipients in the list and append a @shannonmro.ie to them, find it can't
deliver them, and dump them on me.

Just as an example (now, selling my friends' email addresses, please), out
of this list:
  andrew hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Catherine Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  David Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Don McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  kevin o mara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "Moloney, Margaret (CAP, GEIH)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Peter Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, rodney smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Sara Flood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  tom wren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

the message came to me no problem ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) but also tried to
deliver to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] This also
happens with messages destined to other people in the organisation, so I get
loads of private emails, and it's getting kind of embarrassing...

Any ideas?

Best regards

David Evans
IT Administrator