On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Dan McGarry wrote:

> e-smith uses a template-based system that gathers configuration
> fragments together and builds the appropriate configuration file from
> them.
>
> e-smith configuration fragments reside in /etc/e-smith/templates. Their
> location inside that hierarchy coincides with the location of the config
> file they will be part of, once evaluated. So, httpd configuration file
> fragments are located in:
>
>       /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/
>
> This is a directory. Look at the contents to see how things are put
> together.
>
> To create your own template fragments, create this directory:
>
>       /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/

You will find this documented at http://www.e-smith.org/custom/. The
documentation is a tiny bit out of date (we're waiting for that Dan
McGarry fellow to update it :-)) - you no longer need to copy all the
standard template fragments to the templates-custom directory, just any
of the standard ones which you want to modify.

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada