On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 07:37:06AM -0700, Darrell May wrote:
> Kirrily Robert: Thursday, May 03, 2001 11:36 PM
> > inn seems to be the newsadmin's news server of choice.  I don't think
> > there's any need to look any further, if inn is easy enough to set up.
>
> Thanks Kirrily.  INN wasn't to painful to set up.  The challenge was the
> local newsgroups only config and although I initially installed via
> rpm there is a way to build the tarball so that the entire install could
> be placed under an ibay.  If there is no other news server to look at my
> next goal will be to 'make' the install use an ibay to better fit into
> the e-smith design.

I'm not sure that this does better fit into the e-smith design.  If
there is an existing RPM, we just use it.  And Charlie was saying last
week that even web applications should be installed elsewhere and
referred to via an Alias entry in the httpd.conf file.

K.

--
Kirrily "Skud" Robert -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Developer website: http://www.e-smith.org