From: Richard Ford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: July 3, 2001 11:24 AM
To: dev info
Cc: partner
Subject: [e-smith-devinfo] VMWARE

To anyone that is trying to test and play with e-smith and a variety of
client connections and network layouts.

Try VMWARE it is great.   I could construct a complete dummy network of
severs and clients.  Live and local - test VPN, firewall, security and god
knows what else.

Just get a PC with heaps of RAM - which is cheap.

I could not believe how productive I could be.

I do highly recommend - and yes the 'dummy' net cards do work with e-smith
and you can do server only and server and gateway.  And if you have a live
connection, assign the e-smith vm box a real ip, address it from the net and
test stuff - while also assigning 'local' ip's to various win98, 2000 and NT
4 boxes - or even other Linux's.

I can't praise enough.

www.vmware.com

Richard Ford.