Hi all,

  I'm sorry. We have been traveling this two days with no email acces
and just now see there are "some" problems with our module :(((

  First of all, we have a test sever (just installed ESGS 4.1.2 with
latest updates) and don't have any extrange failure (no emails to the
administrator, no need to change the password).

  As everybody know nows, e-smith-monitor works more or less like this:

        1) First, it creates a bunch of databases in /var/lib/rrd This
databases are allways created the same way, no matter what you have in
your server. The names are (all with .rrd): eth0, eth1, ippp0, mainhd,
ppp0, usedcpu, usedram adn usedswap. By the name you can see what does
each one.

        2) A new file is created /etc/cron.d/monitor to execute a bunch of
scripts (in /usr/bin) that populate those databases

        3) A third file /etc/e-smith/web/functions/monitor is created and a
soft link for it in the manager pannel. This file is the one that
controls what is shown in the webpage. Some of the graphs are hardcoded
and others where supposed to be shown based on the information in
/proc/net/dev and here is where all the problems lie. First, is not able
to show more than eth0. Second, if there are some interfaces in tha file
not considered in the script it looks for the unexisting database and
gives an error. It seems we will need to recode all that part, because
this is not a good solution (as has been shown). In the meanwhile, if
you want, you can just hardcode every graph you want to show as long as
you have the needed database. You can use the other graphs for
inspiration. Or you could use the patches proposed in this list but this
seems to open more problems (sl0 for example). OK, tomorrow my friend
and I are going to dedicate all the day to solve this problem. We are
really sorry, we had the software running for 4 weeks without any
incident so we thought everything was right (this is one of the beauties
of open source).

        4) Last, is the problem of the admin password. I really don't have any
clue of why somepeople get this error. As I said, we instaled the
software 5 times from a fresh install and another 5 just after removing
it without seeing this error.

  Ok, give us one day to work in this and we will see what we achieve.
Thanks for all the help and recomendations, we promise to use them all
:)

  Regards.

* Jaime Nebrera Herrera * Nunca digas no se hacerlo       *
*    Responsable CCI    * mejor di: nunca lo he intentado *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * Proverbio japones               *