I tried to setup an IPSec Tunnel between two E-Smith 4.1.2 Servers.

I updated fist the available updates for E-Smith 4.1.2 :
e-smith-base-4.4.0-26.noarch.rpm
e-smith-openssh-1.2.0-11.noarch.rpm
e-smith-pptpd-1.2.0-07.noarch.rpm

Then installed with the ipsec howto at
http://students.ou.edu/W/Christopher.A.Worthington-1/e-smith/ipsec/

After that with the new webpages on the console I tried to setup the Tunnel
via remote ssh logon.
I configured :
Remote network NAT'ed: YES
Protect Network to Network traffic: YES
Protect Gateway to Gateway traffic: YES
Protect Gateway to Network traffic: YES
Local machine acts as: CLIENT
and added the routers remote public key with cut&paste and clicked 'Add'.

After that I lost my remote SSH connection, may be that was my fault because
of the default settings above, I thought. So I went to the system and
rebootet it to login as admin and change the settings with lynx.
The system went down normally but didn't start again. It stops all the time
at the startup sequence of IPSec.

Is there a chance to get in to the system without formatting and
reinstalling the E-Smith Server?
Any help is welcome.

Michael Jung