On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, John Lewis wrote:

> I'm using Outlook 2000 as my email client.
>
> I've just installed Darrell's procmail howto, and have setup mail
> filterering so mail from two mailing lists gets filtered to their folders.
>
> However, when I try to access the new messages in these folders, Outlook is
> giving me these errors:
>
> Your server has reported a UID which does not comply with the IMAP standard.
> This typically indicates a server bug.

This is highly likely to be a problem with the way that procmail is
storing messages into the INBOX mail folder. I would strongly suggest that
procmail not be used to deliver directly into a Maildir. I have two
alternative suggestions:

- use the maildrop program to deliver the messages. You can still  use
procmail to sort messages, but then pass the messages to maildrop to
deliver. I trust maildrop to deliver to Maildir correctly - I no longer
trust procmail to do it, following a number of problem reports.

- sort the mail using procmail, but get qmail to do that message delivery:

 - create a maildir ~/Mail/folder1
 - create ~/.qmail-folder1 containing:

   ./Mail/folder1/
 - configure procmail to forward matching messages to
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739