Hi all,

  I don't know if Panda Antivirus is known abroad but here in Spain is
considered one of the best antivirus by most of the PC magazines
comparatives.

  Well, they have released a FREEWARE version of their software for LINUX.
Until now it didnīt work in e-smith but their last version DOES.

  Is a comand only antivirus, fully automatic. It can search for virus in
compresed files, can use heuristic methods and comes in rpm format (tested
in ESGS 4.1.2). I understand this is a reduced version compared to all their
software offer, but hell, this might be something to consider :)

  The only problem I know if is that there is no "update" service. They make
a new release every month and thats it. It comes without support. I think
you can't just update the virus database for example :(

  It works in english and spanish. You can find it in www.pandasoftware.com

  Maybe we could work in some project to link it with e-smith's mail system,
just to make for a perfect day :)))

  Regards and hope you like it.

---
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]