> But 'net use h: \\server\homes' does for both NT and 98 (couldn't
> say for ME/2K though).  Note the 's' on homes.
>
> Daniel van Raay

Wow, that's an interesting one. I don't know how that works ... but
apparently it does.

I still use \\%L\%U and map it as H: on the Windows PC. The PC then will say
under "My Computer" for the H: drive "michael on 'servername' (H:)". That's
correct because "michael" is the share's name.

If I then (also) use net use OF: \\servername\homes, the result under "My
Computer" says for the O: drive "homes on 'servername' (O:)" so \homes must
be a special/reserved share name.

Still surprised .....
Michael Doerner