Australian Personal Computer December2001 reviewed the
mitelSME under the catagory of general server
replacements and gave it a Highly recommended rating.
The caveat being loss of flexibility and stability
when adding extra software.

SME makes it, in theory, reasonably easy to add
software via rpm's or blades, except there isn't much
available and it's difficult to find. I don't count
software you need shell access to configure.

More e-smith-xxx rpm's could be made if there were
enough incentive, which probably means commercial
versions, There was talk on the phorum recently about
the gpl and e-smith addons and  i would like to have
clarification of a point on the GPL.

A typical e-smith-xxx rpm of mine contains some gpl
code, but i believe I'm only using the logic rather
than the code, eg the way a panel function calls
subroutines via a state variable

Or if the function is defined as gpl can it be made
available seperately, but not the rpm with the events,
or template fragments which were wholly my own code.

regards
stephen noble
it.dungog.net

Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.