On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:55, Rob Hillis wrote:

> > > Which page?  I've got Decemeber 2001 APC in front of
> > > me, but saw nothing about SME...
> > pp90 just guessing
> > the network appliance, general server replacement
> Still can't find it...

Got it now... page 100..

> > is this indicative of how SME is marginalised due to
> > it's lack of expandability, when a review is buried so
> > deepy a fan misses it.
> Not necessarily... I'm not all that impressed with the new format of APC,
> and as a result, I only skim through it nowadays, so it's quite possible
> that I missed it...

Precisely what happened... I got a bit too enthusiastic in skipping the huge
number of ads before the article in question...

Having said that, the review given of SMEv5 is nowhere near as good as the
review given to E-Smith 3.1, although SMEv5 is a *far* better product than
3.1... I can't say that they really did it justice, although the comparison
with the Cobalt Qube3 leaves little doubt which is the better..