Hi Dan,

  There is a Linux utility that conects to the POP mailbox before actual
download of email and removes directly every email that matches a given set
of rules.

  I guess this is of no use to your problem as here only SMTP y involved but
it might help. I will try to find out what was the program, that I can't
recall now.

  Hope it helps (a bit)

  Regards.

---