Les Mikesell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> but I'd love to have that user management interface everywhere.

Hi Les,

Sounds like you've got a good deal of Linux experience.  Remember the now
departed Axon Linux.  They did exactly what you wanted and put the SME
server-manager interface on top of SGI's XFS RedHat 2.4.x kernel.  It was
disappointing to see this project splinter off from devinfo and even more
disappointing to see it flounder and die.

All I'm stating is you can put the SME interface onto just about anything
you desire.  Yes some major work is required to get all the functionality
but a heck of a lot does work right after install.  For anyone with
experience, this is simply another challenging project.

How about taking up the charge and heading up a development project.  SME
on RedHat 7.2, ext3 journaling file system, is awaiting your talents. I know
this project has been mentioned previously.  Maybe nows the time to make it
so.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com