> From: Steve Bush [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> VNC is fairly slow, requires frequent screen refreshes, and
> doesn't have the
> option of prompting the user for permission before allowing a remote
> control session.

This is getting pretty far off-topic, but VNC isn't too bad
speed-wise if you have bandwidth, and the tightvnc variation
claims to help when you don't.  You can eliminate the screen
update issue if you check the server option 'poll full screen'.
I've mostly used it in situations where there is no local user
or permission issues, but you can just have them start the
server manually when they want someone to watch or help instead
of having it run all the time. PC Anywhere may have some
advantages but VNC is usable and works cross-platform - including
as a browser applet. Actually it is windows that is the main
problem as a server.  It 'feels' much faster when running a Mac
or Xwindow screen on the server side.

   Les Mikesell
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]