> Do hostnames resolve correctly ?

I'm curious as to how simply installing the DHCP 3.0.??? RPM on a SME
machine will get you up and going with DDNS.  This version of DHCP went
through a great deal of re-design in the last 8 months or so.  As part of
this redesign, a set of new technologies for doing DDNS was introduced.
>From what I can ascertain from the SME setup, the current configuration
does not account for these new DDNS technologies.

Maybe I'm not seeing the entire picture here, but seems that one would
need to insure that the correct version of BIND was installed and that
both it and DHCP were reconfigured to take advantage of DDNS (not an
simply task).

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.