> Not a simple task. But I think that it is what Filippo's intention is.

I found it much easier to get DDNS working reliably using BIND8.  DDNS
under BIND9 (as of a few months ago) didn't seem to be 100% reliable.
Maybe it was just a config issue on my part, but I couldn't nail down the
problem.  Following is the config information that I used to implement
DDNS under BIND8 and DHCP3rc8

#---------------
named.conf
#---------------
<snip>

// leiinc.com Zone
zone "leiinc.com" {
        type master;
        file "zones/leiinc.com";
        allow-update {
                192.168.0.10;
                127.0.0.1;
                     };
};

<snip>

#---------------
dhcpd.conf
#---------------
<snip>

ddns-updates    on;
ddns-domainname "leiinc.com";
ddns-rev-domain-name = "in-addr.arpa";

<snip>

At the time that I was working on this, DCHP was under very fluid
development as far as DDNS went.  I'd suggest that anyone wanting to
implement DDNS subscribe to the DCHP and/or BIND mail list at
www.isc.org.  When I frequented these lists, DDNS was probably the #1
discussed.

Good luck.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.