Isn't the reason RH packages samba in three packages the same reason for
splitting up telnet, etc?  If the computer is intended as a client there's no
reason for a telnet server.  Samba packaging is a little more of a grey area
since the client could share files.  Perhaps it's just easier to maintain
security for RH, who knows.