Hi all,

  I'm pleased to announce eneo-update for ESGS and SME (I think, not verified)

  It's a new web page in the web manager that lets you update your clients
system without the need for shell access. You send the client a small file,
the admin goes to the panel, chooses update, chooses the file and voila the
system updates easely and without any need for rpm -Uvh whatever :)))

  You want to update your system because a small bug was found? Just send a
notice to all your clients with a small file and follow the procedure. You
want to install a custom work in one clients computer? Just send him the
email. We use it with our clients and works really well. Actually it's quite
similar to the blades concepts but without the need to be "tied" to Mitel's
infraestructure (not to say they have yet to release how to make a blade :'(

  We are trying to reach some king of "common" framework with Darrel and
others so that his idea of making a "development iso" or "making easy
installs" would follow the same way. That way, all of us (developers) could
just come out with a common solution for both problems.

  You can find all the needed info in:

ftp://ftp.e-smith.org/pub/e-smith/contrib/eneo/RPMS/noarch/eneo-update.html

  As allways, the code is released under GPL licence.

  The future:

        1) Make it easy to uninstall too
        2) Some kind of signature verification
        3) Some kind of serial number verification
        4) Contrib information (what contrib do I have installed, what is this
contrib about, what other contribs are available) All graphically in a very
similar way as blades (actually I don't know how they work because we don't
use any SME server) or smoothwall's update system.

  That's all. Please join the effort. We are allready four developers but any
help would be really appreciated. Specially, create those upd files for
others to enjoy :))) More documentation will follow as soon as we have it
ready. In the meantime just follow the small instructions in the html file
noted above.

  Thanks in advance. I hope you like it. Enjoy.

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]