Hi Damien,

> Isn't that what RPM is?

  O course it is, but rpm is quite generic and you know e-smith follows it's
own ways of doing things (templates, postupgrades, users ). We thought about
using directly rpm but then, a user might just try to install a rpm file from
rpmfind and you would end up with a broken system.

  So we decided for upd. Actually, internally most of the times it would be
just a bunch of standard rpm files and some specific to e-smith all packed
toguether.

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]