Quoting Rich Lafferty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Unfortunately, it doesn't. If you can ignore the animosity in the
> discussion, the problems are described in
>
>   http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=15772

//sarcasm on
animosity in a PHP discussion addressed to "Dear Morons"? No....
//sarcasm off

> Essentially, the working fix is in CVS for PHP 4.2.0, but we can't
> have it until they decide to release 4.2.0. Have I mentioned how much
> I love PHP? :-)

Well, for what it's worth, PHP is fairly slick... I just see hints of M$ in
quick releases... i.e. "Get the product out. We'll worry about patching it
later."

> We're in the process of preparing an update which uses our own patch
> instead of the broken PHP.net patch.

What versions of PHP will that "patch" um... patch? ;-)
SME 5.1 ships with what... 4.07? I wonder how many people u/g'd to 4.1.1...