I know this is not a channel for support, but maybe one of you fellow
devinfo folks might have an answer.

I was messing around with the early bird package and I installed the
development rpms and then made the net-rwhois perl package and I have
messed up my qmail (I think) by doing that.

I have not received any mail from the outside world at the
carrollweb.net domain since Sunday around noon, right after making the
package.

I did receive some internal stuff this morning around 4:00am from the
cron daemon and snort/acid, but nothing else.

Here's what my qmail log is showing:

@400000003ce064a210b8152c alert: oh no! lost spawn connection! dying...
@400000003ce064a210b8346c alert: oh no! lost spawn connection! dying...
@400000003ce064a210b83c3c status: exiting
@400000003ce064f33057add4 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20

I have no idea what is going on or the "local 0/10 remote 0/20" means.
I assume it's the number of locally generated e-mails and remote e-mails
queued in the system awaiting delivery...

I did not see any problems when I installed all the development RPM's in
Darrell May's contrib area.  I even went back and removed those rpm's
with the exception of make, which said there are three packages
dependent upon it, so I left it.  That did not fix it...

I have searched the general and experienced users forums but the one
thread I found did not result in anyone knowing of a fix other than a
complete reinstall of SME.  I am running SME 5.1.2 with update-1 blade
applied.

I am hoping someone my know what I need to do short of a complete
reinstall.  I guess this goes to show that I need to get a second
machine up and running as a development box...

Contacting off list is preferred unless this is considered appropriate
here.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Tom Carroll
Dataware Computers