From: Brandon Friedman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27 May 2002 14:51
To: Stewart Evans
Cc: Shad L. Lords; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [e-smith-devinfo] !!!Taper warning!!!

Personally I find Tapeware the best solution for my SME servers!
http://www.tapeware.com

Darrell has a howto on his website!

Also I just think that when comes to backups and antivirus, DON'T GO
CHEAP!!! Those 2 elements are critical!

Stewart Evans wrote:

> "Shad L. Lords" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said
>

>>>The current stable version does not support archives greater than 4gb
>>>
> (ie.
>
>>>it is 32 bit). Although the backups may appear to work, it will not
>>>
>>restore
>>
>>>because of overflow errors.
>>>
> Good, we have one customer that has over 10GB of data on their server
> and is already ( BIG hints ) wanting backup
>

>>This is exactly why I started looking at other backup solutions.  So
>>far
>>
> the
>
>>best FREE one that I have found is Arkeia.  I have almost finished the

>>integration into SME and will shortly release an RPM that will allow
>>the shareware version of Arkeia to replace the regular backup.
>>
> Any links to Arkeia site ? looked at them with 4.1.2 but didnt have
> time. Looking forward to the RPM.
>
> n.b. Check with Macs, some backups end up a lot bigger than expected!!
>
> Stewart Evans
> Lygon IT
>

>>-Shad
>>

>>--
>>Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues
>>Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Archives by mail and
>>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org
>

> --
> Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues
> Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Archives by mail and
> http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org

--

Regards
Brandon Friedman

Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Archives
by mail and http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org