Thanks!

> I test a large number of backup software for Linux both open and close
> source..... I think it comes down to personal choice... as with most
> things. I choose tapeware for 3 reasons:
> 1. Low cost
> 2. Easy installation
> 3. Features - basically it has everything  I need for backups.

BackupEdge definitely has the above three, and a lot more.

> I would strongly recommend avoiding open source products when it
> comes to backups and AV!

I also forgot to mention, anyone can download a full-featured version of
Microlite's BackupEdgeSS that will run for 60 days. If one later decides to
buy it, all you have to do is call them and get a license. By the way, I
have absolutely no affiliation with Microlite other than I sell their
products to my customers.

Tony Lawrence has been raving lately about using BackupEdge with the new
DVD-RAM Units out. He claims to have stopped installing tape drives on small
business servers with less than 4.7GB requirements and is using DVD-RAM
instead. DVD-RAM has a max of 4.7GB per side - before compression, current
models require one to manually flip to the other side to get 9GB before
compression. Tony has done a review of them at this site:

http://www.pcunix.com/Reviews/dvdram.html

They look like a great alternative for small business. I have yet to try
one, but I am going to give one a shot this week. The backups are bootable!
BackupEdgeSS also supports the recent technology in tape drives that offer
"One Button Disaster Recovery", see:

http://www.microlite.com/News_and_Events/OBDR_fot_OpenServer_5/obdr_fot_open
server_5.html

and, on optical media, including CD-R, CD-RW, DVD:

http://www.microlite.com/BackupEDGE_Products/01_02_01_Optical_Media_Support/
01_02_01_optical_media_support.html