Could someone please clarify for me the quota function under SME 5.5?
Based on what I currently understand of this function, it seems of
little value.  The server-manager states that quotas include both data
stored in a users home directory as well as information in an Ibay.

Including data stored in an Ibay doesn't seem to make any sense.  Here's
why:  Let's say that Engineer Fred here in my office creates an AutoCAD
drawing that's 200mb in size and stores that file in a project directory
located in an ibay.  Later, my boss QCs the drawing and finds mistakes.
  Fred's gone on vacation, so the boss asks me to make the changes.  I
do so and save the file.  Now SME thinks I'm storing 200mb of additional
data on the server even though I didn't physically create or store the
file on the server.  Given a situation, or situations, like this, a
persons quantity of stored data could vary significantly depending on
what type of work they are engaged in.

Seems it would make more sense to count only that data stored in a
persons home directory when computing quotas.  This insures that users
are only limited on the amount of data that they personally store on the
server.

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President