I have been using group quota's on SME since 4.1.2.  While we are waiting
for someone to jump forward and offer to do some nice panels (or modify the
existing one), I have some shell scripts to make it easy to do from the
command line.

I also have some documentation I did for work, which I can massage into a
mini-HOWTO and will post on my website in the next day or so.

Rasjid.