Greetings,

I would like to open for discussion a possible development project for
designing multi-homed Internet redundancy into SME 5.5.  By this I mean
utilize three nics, two external network interfaces, each with a separate
static ethernet Internet connection (ex. CABLE & ADSL) and one internal nic
deployed 'something' like this:

Internet1/eth1 Internet2/eth2 --- SME --- eth0 --- Lan

Definitely looking for Internet redundancy so that if one Internet
connection goes down, SME continues to access the Internet.  Load balancing
would be a definite asset but not my key focus.

Has anyone ventured down this path either with SME or any other relevant
Linux distro/firewall/router product?

Is anyone interested in this functionality for SME?

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com