Tim Litwiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> for lack of a easy way to do this in e-smith we have used
> the pro800turbo from Nexland.

A small world...

I did not want to say anything until I had tested and confirmed but I
ordered two of these units last week.  They just arrived late this afternoon
:->

I'll be testing the Nexland units with a few SME servers this week and will
report my results when completed.

Some questions for you Tim, so I may gain any knowledge from someone that
may have gone this route before:

1) Have you done any testing with a SME server in server/gateway mode behind
the Nexland, via their DMZ assingment?

2) If yes,
-- a) have you tested PPTP VPN under the above?
-- b) have you tested IPSEC VPN under the above?

3) What set ups using the Nexland/SME combo have you successfully
implemented?

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com