On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Tom Carroll wrote:

> Not only the brutality on the developers, but the business sense.
>
> If I make software that people like and my source of income from that
> software is through support fees which get increasingly more frequent
> for the newer, more buggy software, I should do something that would
> make those customers move up from a rock solid release to a version that
> requires more support and higher fees.
>
> Sounds like a sound business move from their perspective...

Tom, it's long been considered poor form to look a gift horse in the
mouth.

RedHat is controlling its costs, as every responsible business does. It
is in the interests of its shareholders, employees and customers for it to
do so.

If you don't like RedHat's products or their support policies, then you
should just look elsewhere.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/smallbusiness
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175