On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Darrell May wrote:

> Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > For those of you mirroring Darrell May's HOWTOs, you may be in
> > breach of copyright law,
>
> Correct Charlie. Everyone may link to my original HOWTOs only.

Which doesn't work very well when you re-organise your site without
consideration of backwards compatibility.

> > unless Darrell has privately given you permission to republish his
> > documents.
>
> Correct again. However, to be clear, this applies to all devinfo HOWTO
> contributors. Not just me ;-)

Some HOWTO contributors have been generous enough to use the free
licenses.

> Personally I do not want the above to occur so I do not grant this
> permission.

Which strikes me as particularly inappropriate, since many of "your"
documents are re-editing of text provided by others, including myself.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/smallbusiness
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175