For those of you mirroring Darrell May's HOWTOs, you may be in
breach of copyright law,
Correct Charlie. Everyone may link to my original HOWTOs only.
I think you are misinterpreting Charlie's comment Darrell. Many of your HOWTO's don't include a license, a copyright holder, or even an author. For those documents displaying the GPL, anyone can do whatever they want with the document provided the GPL and the GPL'd work remains intact. For the others, I think you need to display either a GPL or commercial license. If the latter, you need to be 100% certain that the work is 100% yours.

We can't pick and choose where and when to apply the GPL. I think many of us here in this community need to have a read of the GPL. I did very recently and it was very educational.

Correct again. However, to be clear, this applies to all devinfo HOWTO
contributors. Not just me ;-)
Only if you don't display the GPL. If the work is GPL'd, anyone is free to make a copy and even sell it if they want.

Personally I do not want the above to occur so I do not grant this
permission.  I wish everyone to link to my documents only.  In this way I do
What about for those documents that were the result of devinfo group efforts? I know of at least one of your HOWTO's that contains text that I've personally sent you.

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.