----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cusick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gordon Rowell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 3:09 AM
Subject: Re: [e-smith-devinfo] off -topic - spaminfo

[snipperoo]

> I've gone through about 20 of the messages' headers and unfortunately
> there does not seem to be one or two consistent ones to use for
> rejecting.

There is a virus running round (don't ask me, I forget) that puports to be
from Microsoft with patches.
>From Microsoft's website, they state adamantly that they do not send
patches, bug fixes or whatever by mail, only list mail etc.
Be warned.

There is a GPL mail proxy server named ASSP(.sourceforge.net) that works in
well with SME to block attachments such as these.
It is also a Bayesian filter and has proved *very* effective in the last 3
months or so in that I get about 2 spams per week as opposed to 80-100 per
day. There is a write up in the contribs howto on implementing this.

Hope that helps - over and out before I get flamed for off topic.

Regards,
Joe Armstrong