On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 21:23, Joseph Armstrong wrote:
> [...]

To all,

For what its worth...

I already have spamassassin running, and as I mentioned in my earlier
post to Gordon, sa-learn on over 110 of these in less than 24 hours
didn't help the Beyesian filter one iota. It still let a ton of them
pass (an additional 25 or 30 since my first post).

The one common item however, is the MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE test which only
has a score of 0.10 (surprisingly, to me anyway)  Since I am not running
a W2K box here 24/7 (I run it only when I have absolutely no other
choice, Visio, Visual C++, Visual Basic, etc and the W2K SBS is behind
the e-smith firewall with exchange used only for calanders, etc.) I
added the following line to the global config for spamassassin
(/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf)

#score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 4.00 4.00 4.00 4.00

I very very rarely run an attached microsoft executable, as in only when
I get a phone call telling me its coming, so this is not a big deal for
my personal site.

Results - problem solved. As a matter of fact, I've dropped 4 during the
time it took to write this.

This may help some of you who choose not to use a black hole list and
rarely use Microsoft execs sent to you by email

Regards,

John Cusick