Quoting Nick Warr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Gordon Rowell writes
> > Commenting out the entire %prep section should be fine. But, I'd
> > still recommend using the updated smtpfront-qmail instead.
>
> If smtpfront doesn't cut it, I may end up doing this.. thanks for the
> information.

Modifying smtpfront-qmail will almost certainly be easier than modifying the
qmail source code.

However, if you are planning on building a patched qmail binary be aware of
these points:

        - the UID and GID values used at build time MUST match the UID and
          GID values of the target system. These values are calculated at
          build time based on the existing values already in /etc/passwd
          and /etc/group. If you want to build qmail without creating the
          qmail users and groups, you'll need to hand craft auto_uids.c and
          possibly modify the Makefile. (Simply having the same names in
          /etc/passwd and /etc/group on the target system is not enough -
          the numerical values MUST also match).

        - you cannot distribute your modified binaries (assuming you modify
          them to do the message recording you desire) to anyone outside your
          own organisation/family etc. Doing so is a violation of Dan
          Bernstein's distribution conditions. You are free to distribute your
          patches in source code form.

--
Regards
Peter