On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Dub Dublin wrote:

> There's a nice little program called ddclient
> (http://burry.ca:4141/ddclient/)  that I've used to do this with a
> couple of different NAT boxes.  The configuration is easy, although
> AFAIK, no one has integrated it into the SME environment.

It shouldn't be hard to do. We've provided the framework for it to be done
quite simply. AFAIK, though, noone other than Mitel has produced any
e-smith-dynamicdns-* rpms.

> No matter - once you've set up the config file, it's really just a
> matter of putting it in crontab, or better yet, adding a line to
> /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.exe to run ddclient every time you get handed a
> different address.  (ddclient is smart enough to not even bother
> updating dynamic DNS if your IP address hasn't actually changed.)

There's no need to do anything other than create the correct
/sbin/e-smith/dynamic-dns/xxx script. /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.exe already
knows to call "signal-event ip-change" when an IP change occurs, and the
configured dynamic dns script is already called as part of the ip-change
event handling.

> Maybe I'll get the time someday to wrap ddclient up in a self-installing
> script for SME and post it on contribs.org ...

If you do so, please make it an RPM. Ask for help here if you need help to
get that done.

Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175