On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Gordon Rowell wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:21:22PM -0500, Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [...]
> > There's no need to do anything other than create the correct
> > /sbin/e-smith/dynamic-dns/xxx script. /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.exe already
> > knows to call "signal-event ip-change" when an IP change occurs, and the
> > configured dynamic dns script is already called as part of the ip-change
> > event handling.
> > [...]
>
> Ah, but that won't help if you're behind another NAT box, as in this
> thread.

That depends on how smart your dyndns updater is. Except for this problem

> The SME server is unlikely to ever see an ip-change event - it's
> external address will be effectively static.

True, so neither the original proposal nor my much simpler one would work.

[Did I ever mention that external NAT boxes are almost always more trouble
than they're worth? Search the boards for problems if you don't believe
me.]

Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175