>> On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 08:05:54AM -0500, SiliconZealot wrote:
>> Matthew - What of the release builds do you think should be the minimum
>> run freenet?  (from a technical/bugfixing/routing viewpoint)
>>
>> Which Package? 0.5.0.5...etc...

>I don't know. At this point, there are important bugfixes on MAIN that
>have not yet been ported to stable.

Currently STABLE-branch Last Good Build is set at 515 and UNSTABLE-branch is
set at 514....

Bumping to AT LEAST one of the offical releases would help greatly right
now, IMHO.
0.5.0.6 came with build 533..............

>> How about raising the Last Good Build to the build found in that package.
>> Announce it to everyone a week ahead of time, post it on the website, in
>> announce, support, devl, etc.

Tell Cofe so he can announce it on TFE and other freesite operators can do
the same.

>Maybe.
>>
>> Let's finally clear up some of the OLD FUCKING KNOWN BUGS!!!  Some of
which
>> can definately use up valuable HTL as nodes try to route around old buggy
>> nodes.

>Like what? Believe it or not, some of us do actually care about old
>fucking known bugs.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am talking about the ones you have already fixed!
:-)

70%-80% of nodes are running fairly recent builds anyway, and as long as you
give node operators a little time to upgrade first, (1-2 weeks) I am sure
they will be happy to do so.