Toad wrote:

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:10:08AM -0500, Daves Lists wrote:

Always active jobs. Here's what I generally look like once the node has been
up and running a few hours. I tried bringing the threads up to support the
connections but that always seemed to cause the node to slow down and then I
would reject on routing time or messagesendtime.

Total pooled threads 455
Available pooled threads 189
Pooled threads in use 266

Pooled Thread Consumers

Class Threads used
Checkpoint: Connection opener  28
freenet.interfaces.LocalNIOInterface$ConnectionShell 1
freenet.interfaces.PublicNIOInterface$ConnectionShell 173
freenet.node.states.data.DataStateInitiator 55
freenet.node.states.data.TrailerWriteCallbackMessage:true:true  9

Oooh, interesting.

If the reason for QRing is too many active jobs, and the reason for that
is connections... then rather than NIO'ing connections, the solution is
to implement multiplexing.

But I need to know whether this is characteristic.

It's not typical for me. 99% of the time, I QR due to bw limit.

Current routingTime 41ms
Curent messageSendTimeRequest 227ms
Pooled threads running jobs 72 (30%)
Pooled threads which are idle 51
Current upstream bandwidth usage 10991 bytes/second (89.4%)
Reason for QueryRejecting requests: Estimated load (100%) > overloadLow (85%)

Total pooled threads    123
Available pooled threads        53
Pooled threads in use   70

Class   Threads used
Checkpoint: Connection opener   4
Checkpoint: Native Filesystem Directory checkpoint      1
freenet.interfaces.LocalNIOInterface$ConnectionShell    3
freenet.interfaces.PublicNIOInterface$ConnectionShell   3
freenet.node.states.data.DataStateInitiator     43
freenet.node.states.data.TrailerWriteCallbackMessage:true:true  16

-Martin