On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Matthew Toseland
<t...@amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 April 2009 15:39:54 Daniel Cheng wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just checked, GitHub allow "non-fast forward" update, and there
>> is no option to disable it. This means anybody have write access to it
>> might overwrite the whole repository, keeping no history behind. (for
>> those who are curious, google the 'git push --force').
>
> Would that be propagated when devs update their local trees via pull?

No, apparently it would be trivial for a developer to push the history
back to the repository, since everyone will have a copy of the entire
repo history (unlike with svn).

I think it basically means that if a developer is determined to be
malicious, they can definitely be a nuisance - but not cause any
significant loss of data.  This is probably also the case with
subversion, and any other source control system.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke
CEO, Uprizer Labs