On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Victor Denisov<vdeni...@redline.ru> wrote:

Also, I already asked if we should do as http://www.mozilla-
europe.org/en/firefox/ and show one screenshot per feature (as proposed by
Victor too, if I understood well), but had no answer.

My main idea was that unless we increase the page width (or use a rubber
layout), full screenshots of any kind will look lame. So I propose to
create one or more *partial* screenshots, focusing on the software's
primary features (or a single most important feature, if we're to use
only one screenshot). Basically, cut out a meaningful properly sized
part (say, 320x200) of the 1024x768 screenshot and dim and round the
edges so that it won't be out of place.

Also, I just don't remember if it was proposed and/or striken down
already, but I'd change the primary heading from "Share, chat and browse
anonymously on the Free Network" to "Share. Chat. Browse. Anonymously.
On the Free Network". I feel that separating primary words with dots
makes for a better impression as a) all words are capitalized,
suggesting equal importance (unlike original, which emphasizes "share")
and b) each word stands for a specific feature in Freenet.

Finally, again as a minor point - justification in the header must go, IMHO.

I posted this earlier with a screenshot, but it is hung up in moderation...

I think the title "Share, chat and browse anonymously on the Free
Network" needs to extend across the top of the page instead of being
squished into a column.  The text and screenshots can remain in their
respective columns below it.