Google has anti-spam. However, when someone uninstalls freenet (or ANY
other program), the last thing he thinks about is taking any surveys
for that program's developers. You should probably think about those
who are actually using freenet, since they usually are
reallyinterested in improvements. And mailing list is not the most
comfortable way to post feature requests etc. Probably, we should fill
some time-consuming points of freenet's work cycle, e.g. webpage
question every 10 minutes. So when user waits for page to load, he can
ask some question devs are interested in. This will no way compromise
anonimity, and it will be 100% representative, since a single host can
send such report only when it has actually requested one (question is
paired with unique answer password, which is checked when the user
posts his answer).
PS: I don't think that is easy, but I am sure this will be effective
when implemented. Game devs have also noted that and post fancy game
tips on load screens, and users read them very carefully.