Evan Daniel wrote:
> There has been plenty of time spent discussing this before, without
> any conclusions.  The problem isn't that a decision was made but not
> implemented due to lack of manpower, it's that there was no decision.

I mean, it doesn't seem to me like anyone (apart from you) actually took the
time to consider the problem deeply, and to devise a solution. The sf.net idea
seems fine (if they do have an easy backup option).

If you/anyone hits upon a good idea and people don't respond quickly enough, I
think it's best to just go for it and stop pissing around waiting for enough
"ayes" to an idea which is probably not disagreeable. If people don't like it,
they can always complain; it's just a risk you have to take to get things done.
I think the risk is low enough here to ignore, anyway.