Le samedi 18 septembre 2010 19:45:30, Ian Clarke a écrit :
> 2010/9/18 Clément Vollet <cvol...@gmail.com>:
> > Ok, then, should I proceed like that :
> >
> > - adding a templating system,
> > - design a new UI, and implement it in HTML + CSS only,
> > - add GWT support (well, use it if it's already implemented) to make it
> > more dynamic.
>
> If we are going to use GWT we should really be using it for the entire
> UI, but not for the "proxy" component of fproxy, which displays pages
> retrieved from Freenet.  Based on my understanding of GWT it is
> designed for creating UIs in a browser, which is what we need, but it
> is not designed to degrade gracefully if Javascript isn't supported.
>
> I find the whole argument that we must support people who don't want
> to enable javascript to be unpersuasive.  We can and do filter out any
> javascript from any page retrieved from Freenet so that isn't the
> issue.  We are talking about people refusing to run Javascript that is
> written by us and served up by the Freenet node to their browser.  It
> is no more dangerous for someone to run Javascript written by us in
> their browser, than it is for them to run Java code written by us in
> their operating system.
>
> Given that disabling Javascript with Freenet does nothing to improve a
> user's security, can someone remind me why our entire approach to a UI
> redesign is predicated on supporting those that irrationally insist on
> disabling Javascript in their browsers?  Why must we inconvenience 99%
> of our users to accomodate the irrational 1%?

Well, a (good?) reason could be for those using text-browsers (on remote
access, it is probably faster). But, I thought that we agreed last time that
we were going to keep FProxy as a UI for those who don't want to use
javascript, and build a new one for those who don't care. The overhead
shouldn't be too consequent, especially if we introduce a template system for
FProxy.

This way, we satisfy both needs, and we can keep FProxy for operations not
being supported by the new UI (it may take some time before we achieve feature
parity with FProxy).

Does this seem reasonable?