See the contrib-staging and debian-staging repos for details. We are fairly
close work-wise (don't know about time-wise, I don't have a lot atm) to a
custom debian package. However, we're far from an official package in the
debian project's "main" archive, mainly because a lot of our dependencies
aren't in debian.

TODO for custom debian package:
- deploy contrib-legacy-27 (this is ready now, but needs testing)
- execute [1] in fred/README.dev
- deploy contrib-master (v28)
- execute [2] in fred/README.dev

TODO for a debian package in main:
- package db4o-java, lzma, lzmajio, mantissa, bitcollider in debian - we
currently bundle them with the freenet-ext package
- edit the debian packaging files to use service-wrapper rather than our own
custom /etc/init.d scripts

If you help, the work will get done quicker.

On 22/02/11 21:23, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> On Thursday 17 Feb 2011 19:29:56 Michiel de Jong wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I agree Freenet is definitely one of the first pieces of software that
>> should be included in the FreedomBox. Within the FreedomBox project, there
>> is currently a consensus to make FreedomBox a Debian Pure Blend. So what is
>> needed for that is for Freenet to be a debian package. I couldn't find any,
>> is there any? If not, then that would be what needs doing. Is there anyone
>> who would be able to package freenet for debian?
>
> There has been work on a debian package and repository. infinity0 most
> recently looked into it, but he was in the process of changing some
> structural issues in the node to make it easier. I will forward...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michiel de Jong
>> ---
>> Unhosted.org
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Daniel Kanaan <da...@kanaan.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Fantastic concept.  It seems silly when people have big PC's with all those
>>> spare resources to have to rely on a tiny mini-server such as described in
>>> the article, but when you take in consideration that my PC requires over
>>> 200Watts, then it starts to make sense, just as a cost cutting and power
>>> saving mech.  I know I hate leaving my machine on just for freenet.
>>>
>>> So, guys, why not get involved?

GPG: 4096R/5FBBDBCE