On 10/25/15 11:26, Masayuki Hatta wrote:
> Hi Dean!
>
> I was the second to last guy who worked on Debian packaging before
> Ximin Luo ;-)  Recently I met Ximin at Tor dev meeting and talked
> about the current situation of Freenet a bit.  So I'm really glad you
> undertake the challenge.   I'm also a Debian developer, so please ask
> me if there's anything I can help.  I'll review your package soon.

Thanks alot! It certainly is a challenge, help and reviews are greatly
appreciated. It looks like Ximin is looking at it now so I'm going to
wait and watch an expert at work :-)

> Publishing .deb in Freenet's own repo is a good thing, but putting it
> into the official Debian(and then Ubuntu) archive will be a big boost
> for the popularity of Freenet.

Yes that would a good boost. How do difficult is it to upload software
that changes as frequently as freenet? Wont users get stuck using old
versions?

Cheers,
dean.