On 23/10/15 00:09, dean wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been hacking on the freenet debian package for a little while and
> I think I have gotten it up to a usable stage. Id like some feedback if
> someone would like to browse/test it please?
>
> https://github.com/RdrOfTheSt0rm/debian
>
> Here is the basic instructions:
>
> git clone g...@github.com:RdrOfTheSt0rm/debian.git
> or for https
> git clone https://github.com/RdrOfTheSt0rm/debian.git
> cd debian
> ./build-freenet-daemon.sh
>
> If install goes ok the current directory should contain:
> freenet-daemon_0.7.5+build01470-0.4_amd64.deb
> You can then install with dpkg -i which will install and start freenet
>
> **WARNING* installing packages can break your system**
> I have tested this package and it does not seem to break anything
> however I would recommend using a vm or chroot or something similar.
>
> This package still needs a lot of work and is far from perfect. I do
> plan to continue to work on it to improve it however it should be noted
> I am NOT a debian developer, I just like fixing things :-) I have noted
> some of my changes in the README. files and added some entries to
> debian/TODO. Two most notable changes: build script downloads
> bcprov-jdk15on-152.jar from the freenet project server and I have added
> gwt*.jars to the debian directory. These are dirty hacks, and I'm not
> really happy with these so if someone has a better way i'll happily use
> that.
>
> Thoughts?

Hey, thanks for the work! I was the last person to work heavily on the debian
packaging. Since then, I have become a Debian Developer so will be able to
review and sponsor any uploads. I will try to review your updates soon.

One thing to note is that ./build-freenet-daemon.sh contains some out-dated
practise for building a debian package. There are also things in debian/TODO to
take note of. I will also try to tidy these things up soon...

In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions.

GPG: 4096R/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
git://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git